Call for Textbook ReviewersSeptember 30, 2008
Want to do your part to lower the cost of college textbooks? Consider reviewing a chapter or two of an open textbook for the Community College Open Textbook Project.
Select a chapter to review from the list of open textbooks.
Provide feedback for a chapter of an open textbook in terms of the following:
1. Clarity and comprehensibility – content, including the instructions and exercises
3. Readability – in terms of logic, sequencing, and flow
4. Consistency of course materials – consistency in the content language and use of key terms as is necessary to facilitate understanding by novice users
5. Appropriateness of content – appropriateness of the material for community college level courses
6. Interface – technological issues such as broken links, improperly displayed graphics, and ease of navigation
7. Content usefulness – the ways in which the content could be useful for teachers, students, and those with a general interest in the subject area
8. Modularity – the ability to adapt, rearrange, add, delete and modify the content by sections
9. Content errors – the presence or absence of factual errors, grammatical errors, and typographical errors in the content
10. Reading level – appropriate for community college level students
11. Cultural relevance – use of examples that are inclusive of diverse races and ethnicities
Send your open textbook review to email@example.com