Copyright for Educators – P2PFebruary 22, 2010
Register now for a free online course at P2P University on Copyright for Educators. Learn about copyright, open content material and licensing. The course is taught around practical case studies faced by teachers when using copyright material in their day to day teaching and educational instruction.
By answering the case scenarios and drafting and discussing the answers in groups, the participants learn:
• what copyright protects
• whether exceptions or blanket licenses apply
• when they need to seek permission
• what is an open education resource (OER)
• what is a creative common licence
• how OER and CC benefits teaching
Participants will also get to learn about how these issues are dealt with in different countries.
The goals of this course are:
1. to help you identify copyright issues in education and give you a firm grounding in copyright, exceptions and, licensing
2. to help you recognise open licences, and find open licence material and apply open licences to resources
3. to get you thinking, writing, and conversing about how to use copyright exceptions and open licenses to enable education.