Grants and Awards
OCW Consortium Presidential Award 2014
• Dr. Martha Kanter, former U.S. Undersecretary of Education, CCCOER founder and visionary.
OCW Consortium Individual Educator ACE Award 2013
• Dr. Barbara Illowsky, CCCOER founding co-director and current executive board member.
Hewlett Foundation Grant July 2011
Goals of the two-year grant awarded to the Open Courseware Consortium for CCCOER:
• Recruit at least 10% of U.S. community colleges
• Document impact of OER on teaching and learning in community colleges;
• Increase opportunities to incorporate OER into community college curricula;
• Provide training and support for community college faculty to find, use and create OER/OCW;
• Merge administrative functions into membership services, board level leadership, web presence and social media.
Technology Focus Award
The Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources received the Technology Focus Award for 2008 from the California Community College System Office. Formal recognition was given at the Board of Governors meeting on January 12, 2009 in Sacramento, CA.
“Focus Awards are selected on the basis of scope and complexity of the endeavor, technological innovation, benefit to the institution and key constituents, and demonstration of excellence and professionalism.”